Social Security is a major source of income for many seniors and the sustainability of the program is vital to ensure that current and future retirees can enjoy their golden years. However, the growth of the system over the years and changes in life expectancy and population demographics have caused concern.
For a better understanding of the Social Security system, the program’s structure, and its long-term stability, download the white paper from Brighton Jones advisor Tim Amen, MS, CFP®, CEP®.
Topics and questions covered in the paper include:
- How is Social Security funded?
- Recent Social Security changes
- How to qualify for Social Security benefits
- How are benefits calculated?
- What causes a reduction of benefits?
- Taxability of benefits
- What is my Full Retirement Age?
- When is it best to take benefits?